Obama’s Re-Election and America’s Systematic Destruction from Within
So, Barack Husseign Obama got four more years to destroy America from within? A few weeks before Election Day, the Manchurian Candidate was caught on microphone whispering to Russia’s Dmitry Medvedev that he would have more flexibility after his re-election to deal with contentious issues such as missile defence.
Tough luck, America! You need it.
Obama won–he is a political rock star–because he embodies the political, social and spiritual culture and mentality of most Americans today: Entitlement Culture, or the idea that the government is here to help you or knows best what’s good for you. It’s no surprise that the Occupy Movement sprouted and spread throughout the world during his term. The anti-capitalist, anti-individual rights Occupy Movement simply shows what’s wrong with America today.
On the other hand, Mitt Romney was certainly not the perfect candidate to replace Obama, but he’s a precedented threat to America. Obama is an unprecedented one. As Dr. Leonard Peikoff observes:
“Although both Obama and Romney will move us closer to dictatorship, there is a critical difference: time. Obama is not stumbling, but racing to his goal, and his pace can only increase in a second term, when keeping the public happy would no longer be an important concern to him. By contrast, though following the same road as Obama, Romney the pragmatist can’t race to anything; since he moves by groping through compromises, he can only, perhaps unknowingly, amble with us to the cliff (no doubt, with some dashes now and then).”
America is a great nation, they say, it can only be destroyed from within. I believe so.
The great Empire of Rome, for example, was destroyed from within. Rome’s lavish spending on consumption and expensive war campaigns wiped out most of the empire’s riches. To support its unsustainable spending, Rome adopted a fiat money system in 20 BC that debased the coinage.
In 1958, Robert Welch, founder of John Birch Society, revealed in a prescient speech that the United States of America would be destroyed from within.
Welch talked about a plan that would “induce the gradual surrender of American sovereignty, piece-by-piece and step-by-step, to various international organizations”, like the United Nations.
This has been happening for years. But the first to surrender their sovereignty were mostly European nations, particularly members of the European Union. In the early 1990s, Britain’s former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher strongly opposed the idea of European Community of several nations whose affairs would be all governed from Brussels. Thatcher called the European body “an even more utopian enterprise than the Tower of Babel.”
Recently the United Nations proposed to criminalize blasphemy. This international body also strongly supports global warming laws and environmental measures that could negatively affect the global economy.
Welch said America can be destroyed through the following:
- Greatly expanded government spending. Obama doubled the national debt during his first term.
- Higher taxes. Obama increased taxes and proposed to increase more taxes. He used Warren Buffet’s proposal to justify his tax plan.
- An increasingly unbalanced budget despite higher taxes. The Obama administration is known for its unbalanced budget and failure to pass a budget.
- Wild inflation of our currency. Obama and the Federal Reserve increased the money supply through quantitative easing.
- Government controls of prices, wages and materials supposedly to combat inflation.
- Greatly increased socialistic controls over every operation of our economy and every activity of our daily lives. This is to be accompanied naturally and automatically by a correspondently huge increase in the size of our bureaucracy and the cost and reach of our domestic government.
- Far more centralization of power in Washington and the practical elimination of our state lines. There is a many faceted drive at work to have our state lines to mean no more within our nation as our county lines do now within the states.
- The steady advance of federal aid to and control over our educational system leading to complete federalization of our public education.
- A constant hammering into the American consciousness of the horror of modern warfare. The beauties and the absolute necessities of peach, peace always on communist terms of course.
- The constant willingness of the American people to allow the steps of appeasement by our government that amount to a piece meal surrender of the rest of the free world and the United States itself.
Too bad Mr. Welch failed to predict the statists would change their name from communists to liberals to progressives. The communists successfully infiltrated the Democratic Party, and this is an open-secret. Liberals and Progressives are now in control of the White House and of America’s political affairs. Who killed liberal Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others in Libya? It’s the liberal/progressive foreign policy of Obama and his ilk.
What’s killing America’s small business?
What’s expanding the country’s foreign debt and unsustainable welfare spending?
What’s causing escalating unemployment and poverty rates?
What’s creating cronies and government-protected, subsidized companies that will never succeed in the marketplace?
The answer: Obama’s Corporatist Welfare State.
Thomas Jefferson was absolutely right! “The people can not be all, and always, well informed.”
In what could be known as his most important and most prescient message to the present and future generations of Americans, Jefferson said:
“What country ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.”
Perhaps former Soviet leader Nikita Nikita Khrushchev was also right:
“America will fall without a shot being fired. It will fall from within.”