RH Bill Supporters’ Strawman Attacks
It can no longer be denied that most- if not all- pro-RH bill fanatics are SICK IN THE MIND. They resort to strawman attacks to build their case in favor of the RH bill. Strawman fallacy is defined as “a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent’s position.” Wikipedia, which properly defines this type of fallacy, further states: “To “attack a straw man” is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the “straw man”), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.”
Here are some examples of their strawman attacks:
- They somehow think that contraceptives are banned in RP so they advocate that the government must provide free contraception to poor people. See further explanation here: Reproductive Health Care is NOT a Right!
- Rep. Edcel Lagman’s “freedom of choice” presupposes that the Filipino people are denied to make choices in regard to family matters. Is anyone deprived of ‘freedom of choice’? However, the RH bill supporters believe that this alleged “freedom of choice” must be financed and guaranteed by the government thru the implementation of the fascist provisions of the bill. See further explanation here: Debunking the ‘Guiding Principles’ of the Fascist RH Bill and The Clash Between Two Evils: Anti-contraception theocrats vs. Anti-rights Fascists.
- The RH bill supporters successfully painted this debate as a “religious issue”, as most- if not all- think that anyone who opposes this bill is a Catholic or a religionist. There are people who oppose this bill because it is violative of our individual rights, it is anti-freedom and anti-business, and that it runs counter to the constitutional guarantee of equal protection under the law. See further explanation here: Prof. Monsod Versus Free-Market Capitalism and Freedom and The Clash Between Two Evils: Anti-contraception theocrats vs. Anti-rights Fascists.
- The RH bill fanatics and supporters successfully sold the idea that the Philippines is already over-populated, thus we need to pass a bill that would curb population growth or explosion. Overpopulation is a myth! See further explanation here: On Science, Overpopulation Myth, and the Idiocy of the Filipino Freethinkers and RH Bill’s Fallacy of Overpopulation-Poverty Link.
- All RH bill supporters like Winnie Monsod are trying to sell a BIG LIE that they are pro-poor and pro-women. The fact remains that these pro-RH bill idiots want to be very generous with other people’s money. You cannot be generous and charitable if you sought to spend other people’s money to allegedly help the poor and women! See further explanation here: Welfare State: The Evil Agenda Behind the RH Bill.
- The mentality of these RH bill supporters is that overpopulation and charity can be legislated so they’re asking for government intervention to address the alleged “undeniable link between overpopulation and poverty.”
- They are trying to sell a great lie that those who oppose the RH bill are against contraception and family planning. The fact remains that even if the Catholics and some religionists were against the use of contraception, they cannot make it illegal since the Constitution guarantees personal and family choice and independence. It is unconstitutional to make the use of contraception illegal. So why the fuss, RH bill idiots?