Youtube Backs Down to Evil!
A few weeks ago, I posted a video clip on YouTube I got on Facebook containing graphic scenes of violence, beheading and deaths. This video clip was titled “Islam: The Religion of Peace. Liberals and Libertarians Would Love to See This Video”.
I must admit the video clip was tough to watch. It’s about the ruthless public beheading and mutilation of several individuals in an unknown Islamic society. About hundreds or even thousands of people came to watch and cheer the gory death of these men whose crimes were not identified by my main source. But what is clear is that the beheading and mutilation was done in a Muslim society. The people chanted and cheered as they witnessed the violent, barbaric, horrific death of these men. I don’t know what crimes these men committed, but I learned that men and women in an Islamic society where sharia law is imposed could be killed for such simple crimes of apostasy (the abandonment or renunciation of a religious or political belief), blasphemy on both Muslims and non-Muslims), homosexuality, and not being a Muslim or an infidel.
However today, I received a message from YouTube informing me that this video had been disabled for violation of the YouTube Community Guidelines. The message states the following:
The following video(s) from your account have been disabled for violation of the YouTube Community Guidelines.
- Islam: The Religion of Peace. Liberals and Libertarians Would Love to See This Video.
Sometimes people get hurt and it’s inevitable that these events may be documented on YouTube. However, YouTube is not a shock site. It’s not okay to post gross-out videos or accidents, dead bodies or similar things intended to be shocking, sensational or disrespectful. If a video is particularly graphic disturbing, it should be balanced with additional or documentary context and information.
Your account has received one Community Guidelines warning strike, which will expire in six months. Additional violations may result in the temporary disabling of your ability to post content to YouTube and/or the termination of your account.
[I don’t Acknowledge] but I was forced to.
I googled YouTube’s Community Guidelines and I found the following information:
Respect the YouTube Community
We’re not asking for the kind of respect reserved for nuns, the elderly, and brain surgeons. We mean don’t abuse the site. Every cool new community feature on YouTube involves a certain level of trust. We trust you to be responsible, and millions of users respect that trust. Please be one of them.
Don’t Cross the Line
Here are some common-sense rules that will help you steer clear of trouble:
- YouTube is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. If this describes your video, even if it’s a video of yourself, don’t post it on YouTube. Also, be advised that we work closely with law enforcement and we report child exploitation. Please read our Safety Center and stay safe on YouTube.
- Don’t post videos showing bad stuff like animal abuse, drug abuse, under-age drinking and smoking, or bomb making.
- Graphic or gratuitous violence is not allowed. If your video shows someone being physically hurt, attacked, or humiliated, don’t post it.
- YouTube is not a shock site. Don’t post gross-out videos of accidents, dead bodies or similar things intended to shock or disgust.
- Respect copyright. Only upload videos that you made or that you are authorized to use. This means don’t upload videos you didn’t make, or use content in your videos that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or videos made by other users, without necessary authorizations. Read our Copyright Tips for more information.
- We encourage free speech and defend everyone’s right to express unpopular points of view. But we don’t permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity).
- Everyone hates spam. Don’t create misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails in order to increase views. It’s not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.
Please take these rules seriously and take them to heart. Don’t try to look for loopholes or try to lawyer your way around the guidelines—just understand them and try to respect the spirit in which they were created. If you’d like more details, check out our Community Guideline Tips.
So it seems that my video was disabled for also being “shocking and disgusting”. Under this offense category, YouTube has the following to say under its Under YouTube’s Community Guideline Tips: “The world is a dangerous place. Sometimes people do get hurt and it’s inevitable that these events may be documented on YouTube. However, it’s not okay to post violent or gory content that’s primarily intended to be shocking, sensational or disrespectful. If a video is particularly graphic or disturbing, it should be balanced with additional context and information. For instance, including a clip from a slaughter house in a video on factory farming may be appropriate. However, stringing together unrelated and gruesome clips of animals being slaughtered in a video may be considered gratuitous if its purpose is to shock rather than illustrate.”
So what can I do if it was reported by a fraction of over 1.5 billion followers of the “religion of peace.” It was not okay to post an offensive video on YouTube when there are thousands of YouTube videos containing hate speech against Jews, Christians and infidels. There are also countless of YouTube videos posted by religious fanatics calling on the death of America and Great Britain, and the death of Jews, Christians and infidels. Consider this video wherein a Muslim cleric teaches young children to hate Jews. Well, it’s a waste of time to post here numerous hate speeches and violent videos posted by some religious fanatics on earth.
Yes, YouTube is right that “the world is a dangerous place”, but it will surely become a dangerous place because of political correctness, the refusal to make a moral judgment, and the lack of courage to fight evil.
I have uploaded the said video clip on Facebook. You can watch it here if you want.